Through our admissions process we aim to establish:
- That you have a clear understanding of the distinctive education we offer before you commit to us.
- That we feel satisfied we can meet your child’s needs before we commit to you.
Informal first steps
- Please read this Admissions Policy
- Come to an Open Day - Thursday 10th October 2013.
- Download an Application Form and send in to Admissions
- Request one by email from firstname.lastname@example.org giving your name and address
We recommend that you also attend our 'A Day in the Classroom' (learn as a child would, early booking is recommended, the next session is 16th March) or alternatively visit the school by arrangement for a Preliminary Interview. Ideally, a family new to the school should try all, as they give different insights into the school and our educational approach. Together they aim to provide as full an understanding as possible of Michael Hall so that you can then make an informed decision whether to submit a formal application. If you are not sure which route is most suitable for you, do please call our Admissions Registrar who will be happy to discuss this with you or email her on email@example.com
- Once we have received your completed application form, supporting documents and the appropriate fee, we will arrange an interview subject to approval.
- For full details, please refer to our Admissions Process.
- For applications to Kindergarten, you will be interviewed with your child present.
- For Lower and Upper School, your child will normally be assessed by either two or three members of staff in sequential meetings, and a separate meeting will take place with you as parents.
Through our child assessments we aim to determine whether we can meet your child’s needs. Michael Hall is a comprehensive school and our aim is to create balanced classes containing children with a range of abilities.
Following interview, and assuming we are able to admit your child, you will receive a formal offer together with a copy of our parent-school contract. It is at this point that you make your final decision whether to take up a place for your child at Michael Hall.